Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Marking another milestone, with much love and gratitude

So I've finally graduated from law school, and this marks the end of 16 years of formal education. This is going to be a long thank-you post dedicated to everyone who has helped and supported me along the way, in one form or another. 

First and foremost, the parents, without whom I'd literally be nothing. To the ones who have always been with me - thank you for your unconditional love, thank you your understanding and your encouragement, thank you for sharing my joy and my tears, and for supporting me in my choices in life. Cliche it may sound, but everything I am, I owe to you, and a million thank-yous would not be able to convey my gratitude. 

To my SN clique (sans rondie in the picture), it's been 8 years, and even though we were not always together in that time, I always feel a little better knowing that we have one another, and I hope we will always stay this way even as we move on to the next chapter in our lives. 

To my law school sisters and 红粉知己s - so much love for the both of you. Days of tedious mugging, spontaneous pigging out sessions, clubbing nights, ridiculous/inappropriate remarks and messages, plain nonsense, hthts, etc etc, the past four years would not have been the same without the two of you, and I'm so glad we went through this together. Law school may have ended, but I think we will continue the same as before, won't we?

Important people who helped / supported / dragged me through law school, whether by lending me notes and muggers, buying me candy and chocolates, treating me to food and beer and coffee, forcing me to go to school to study or listening to me whine, thank you so much, you guys brightened my university days and made the tedious days more bearable.

"People do fall in love, people do belong to each other, because that's the only chance anybody's got for real happiness." 
Thank you for all the things, big and small, that you've done, thank you for your patience and thank you for making me so happy. 


Of course, there are so many other people to thank, especially my close friends who are not pictured here, but you know who you guys are. Random outings, texts, hthts, etc, I'm grateful to have so many beacons of light shining in my life. 

It has not been an easy journey, and there are days when I was so tired I just felt like giving up, and days when I doubted all the choices I ever made and wondered what the hell I was doing. But I made it through. And so this is the end, but it is also the start of something new. To exciting times ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment