Wednesday, October 8, 2014

What is meant to be will always find a way.


"Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward." - C.S. Lewis

"Sometimes you have to move on without certain people. If they're meant to be in your life, they'll catch up." - Mandy Hale

It's taken a month, and it will probably take many more months to come, but I think I've finally regained some semblance of my usual self and some peace of mind. I never knew the heart could hurt so much, that it was actually physical pain, I thought the poets were being fanciful about heartache. But apparently there is some kind of scientific explanation for it, and it is akin to drug withdrawal. But like drug withdrawals, your body will get used to it and readjust. Guess I'm slowly weaning myself off my drug addiction that was you.

This year is really turning out to be a year of self discovery and life lessons...

No comments:

Post a Comment