Sunday, September 22, 2013

Today I thank my lucky stars.

The sunset as we took a stroll in the park

Sometimes there are bad days and sometimes you feel disillusioned by all the ugliness you see in the world. Then there are these good days when you actually stop to notice the beauty around you and you meet these good kind-hearted souls and you feel like your faith and hope have been restored. And you realise that despite all the ugliness, the world is still a beautiful place.

Thank you to the couple who kept my wallet safe for me and returned it to me the moment they saw me run frantically back to the park bench to look for it, after two hours, no less (yes it took me two hours to realise my wallet was no longer with me, klutz that I am). Of course, I thanked them profusely in person, heady with relief. I wish I could have done more to express my thanks, but they appeared quite embarrassed at my effusive show of gratitude. The entire walk home the family exclaimed my good fortune and couldn't help marveling at me finding my wallet back in such circumstances. Is it an indication of our faith in humanity, that getting my wallet back is actually almost a miracle... Anyhow, I thank my lucky stars for the good people I meet. I'd like to believe karma exists, and so I'll continue to strive to be good and pass on the kindness I've received. 

No comments:

Post a Comment